Updated 5/26/20 with details on Phase 1 reopening.
Phase 1 Reopening – We’re Back!
Our first class back is on Wednesday, May 27th. See your Schedule to determine when is best for you. Note, there will be no Sparring. Instead, it will be a no-contact color belt class.
Take a look at what we’re doing to keep you, your family, and our staff/instructors safe:
New Cleaning and Class Procedures
We’re reducing interactions and preserving a cleaner training environment.
- If you are feeling ill…STAY HOME!
- If you or anyone you are in contact with has been exposed or tested positive for COVID-19, STAY HOME!
- All visitors require face coverings if you enter the office area
- Classes are kept to a reduced size to maintain distancing within the training area
- All surfaces which regularly experience contact are disinfected every morning and throughout the day
- Floors are washed daily
- Classes will be “no-contact”, with no-touch pairs, additional space between students, and avoiding “high-fives” or similar
- All pads used during class will be separated and sanitized after each session
- All Sparring, Kickboxing, and Tai Chi classes are cancelled until further notice
- Focus will be on forms (kata), mirror-based pairs, and basics to avoid contact
As always, we’ll do our best to keep the dojo clean. You focus on getting even better!
All current students may continue to access their rank-specific training videos at any time. Contact us for access (share student name and rank). Additionally, the Dojo @ Home series is available with unique insights for you!
We understand you are concerned. About a lot. COVID-19/Coronavirus raises a lot of fears and questions. Your safety while training in the martial arts shouldn’t need to be one of them.
First, visit the CDC for updates. And check with your local authorities about reopening and other important announcements.
We thank you for your support and as the situation evolves, we’ll continue to update you here, share updates on our Facebook page, and send out e-mails.
Stay healthy. Stay safe. And we look forward to seeing you soon!